Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Pictures!

How predictable can I get! I love cats - surPRISE! And DH keeps me amused by clicking their pictures for me. He returned from a trip to Japan with a photo of a feline snoozing on a window sill in a dark alley. Ain't that sweet? This morning, he captured a snapshot with his phone:

A ginger cat strolling at leisure

I haven't quite wrapped up my discussions of Stitches. I mean, come now, the show is worth more than just a blog entry or two, no? Don't ya worry, there's more pictures than banter to follow.

I waxed eloquent on the Mama Bear earlier. Here's a hasty picture of it in action:


And a pretty picture of the ball winder:



The winder falls short only by the absence of a motor. I know, I know, battery-operated ball winders are not the buzz - and will someone please educate me why! Annnyyyway. For now, the swift and the winder together have reduced the strain on my muscles and time. The center-wound ball that spools up looks sexy, I gotta admit. Love it for that.

If you're wondering about the yarn, it's from my stash picked up at the Knit and Crochet show, Oakland, 2006. It's a 100% cotton, fingering weight.

Then there were the books I bought:


On a different note: I have been the proud owner of a stand mixer since last july. I've prep'd cakes, cookies, rasgulla and an incredible numer of batches of rotis using this indispensable machine. The mixer works with 2 independent motors, one for the turntable and another for the mixing hooks. Last month though, the turntable motor failed. A bit of googling revealed that the Heritage series of Sunbeam is notorious for this exact failure. Fortunately for me, mine was still well protected by warranty. A phonecall-to-customer-service later, I was shipped out a replacement and this time, I requested for the red model. It came in today:

Yipppeeee!

2 comments:

AuntieAnn said...

Your swift is even prettier than those shown on the website! I'm not quite sure where mine is -- at first I thought DH would whip it right up, but now he has gotten busy again. That's OK, I have no immediate need. I'm glad you like yours and the ball winder -- I just might need a ball winder now.

Liz said...

That swift does look nice, and the yarn is lovely too!