Tuesday, February 13, 2007

The post that reads like a podcast

If only I could afford this! :( I spotted the ad first in IK Spring 2007, page 124. If you ask me to choose between the Da Vinci tour and this one, oh hands down! Shouldn't they run some lottery? Like the one Charlie won in W. Wonka and the Choc factory? Imagine that - winning a lottery that'll take you on this tour. WAAAHHH. I want to win!!!!

I'm glad Stitches West is approaching. I've enrolled into a class this time. It'll be my first ever knitting class and I'm a bit skeptic about the take-away. My only reason for taking it is the experience-value. And the entry it gives me to the Market on all 3 days (I hope!). I intend to spend my lunch hours and evenings on the weekdays and just live out of there on the weekend. That'll be a retreat alright! Hopefully I'll make some wise choices with yarn this time.

On a different note, have you seen Katja? Isn't it the most adorable little thing for a little one?

And on a vastly different note again, has anyone from Interweave Knits supplied a good reason for why they never publish patterns of knitwear for men? Beats me! The men in my life LOVE handmade knits - I'm talking of the husband and my dad. Well actually, so also my FIL. I haven't yet knit for my nephew or brothers-in-law.. hmm.. that gives me an idea. Anyway, what would I do if not for Knitty. Makes me love the online portal that much more! Also for that Knitty has nailed the sensibilities of the young (at heart) knitters.

I'd also like to talk about 'let me explaiKnit'. I found this blog not a day too soon. Sara writes posts that read like essays on the nuances of knitting techniques. There is so much information derived from experience and also pointers to excellent references, that I can read for hours, much like a text book. Her 'discussions' (as she calls them) on fair isle and colour stranding particularly helped me immensely.

My DVD rentals are waiting for me. I have TransAmerica and Walk the Line beckoning me. To think I resisted the urge so I could catch up on my blogroll and blog some myself - and quite effortlessly at that! I guess that makes me a hopeless knitter. Yay!!! :)

No comments: