Monday, February 19, 2007

Bunny. Swatch. iPod cozy.

Pics are not the best - I lost sunlight in the nick of time and oh well.. flash just destroys the teeny shadows of the stitches, doesn't it? I'll post better pictures but I just could not resist:
baby bunny complete with googly eyes..

and bushy tail.

See the tail peeking from behind?

The project started as a swatch. When the 2 rectangles were ready, I felt the compulsive need to stitch up 3 edges and lookie - here's the cutest iPod cozy ever!

Thanks awfully to my friends at Eweforia - AuntieAnn and Carin who not just sent me better photos of the sweater(scroll down the entry) but also a pattern writeup to help me along.

This project uses knitting techniques to achieve a sculpted look and feel. That's new for me. The bunny has a distinct 3-d look about her. Cables, stockinette and reverse stockinette are used most cleverly brilliantly to achieve the effect.

1 comment:

AuntieAnn said...

You've done it! And you lost no time about it, either. Very cute!