Friday, June 16, 2006

Whatever happened to monogamy!

I'm slipping.. slowly, yet assuredly. Yeah well, there are benefits to project polygamy (Ha! I know my acronyms!!) but let's face it, the so called 'benefits' do nothing more than justify a weakness. Everyone's guilt conscience knows this for a fact!! Yet, here I am, with 3 projects on the needles, and a few experiments needing more attention. To add to the confusion (which my dear friend chooses to call 'creative chaos'), are many ideas just waiting to get drafted into concrete patterns.

Now, the evidence for my claim:
1. New project: Anouk for a friend's baby girl. I plan on joining the front and the back using additionally knitted side-panels so the pinafore not open at the sides. And I've used different colors and yarn. I like how it's looking so much that I had to reveal the pictures.




2. New project: A swatch begging to be knit into a version of the vest. But I'm adventurous and will probably structure the vest to suit my frame, add a hood and some feminine touches to make it all mine!! The stitch is from VK's Stitchionary and is called 'herringbone rib'. The stitch pattern shows much more character in the swatch than in the pictures. You say it's my knitting doing that? Ah! I'm flattered.




3. UFO #1: Rose Twilight - it's been beckoning me but my loyalties are elsewhere currently. Babies come first. Twilights happen everyday!! Maybe not the rose ones but they're out there.

4. UFO #2: Triangles. This one gets me all excited. Now if only my shoulders allowed me some more time with my needles etc without getting all cranky on me..! Sigh.

5. UFO #3: Ruffle scarf. This is a project I'm saving for public/social knitting where I can multitask between knitting and a reasonably intelligent conversation. But what can I say.. ever since I kept this project aside for the 'occassions', they've been eluding me.

6. On the threshold: yummy yarn purchased at the Oakland TKGA convention. Some have been turned into knitwear but the others are hankering for my time. Especially the denim blue cotton and the variegated cotton.

Everything aside, what all the 'evidence' does establish is that I have not had to deal with a single vacant moment of boredom ever since I dived into knitting. And do I love it!

No comments: