Friday, June 23, 2006

An Inconvenient Truth

Folks, this one's a brilliant movie. An Inconvenient Truth is a movie that lends perspective to the global warming phenomenon. It talks to the audience and takes us to be thinking individuals with the power and will to act on the causes we stand for.

Global warming is an issue I'd been very passionate about in my teenage years. Making a movie of this kind on an international platform was my absolute dream - it seemed foolish then and perhaps even now, considering that I'm no Angelina Jolie (or Al Gore for that matter) to have people want to listen to me. This is my contribution to the cause - to encourage friends and all to watch it inspite of conflicting political beliefs and skepticism.

The website to visit: climatecrisis.net

1 comment:

AuntieAnn said...

I have been meaning to see that, thanks for nudging me in that direction. I've also been meaning to trade in my car for a Prius, but I telecommute so there's not much point, really. The county where my office is physically located (Santa Clara) (two counties away) is offering carpool incentives, even if you only pass through -- I wonder if they would offer me incentives to just stay out of the County? ("Oh, I'd love to come to the office today, but the County paid me to stay home and e-mail it all in").