Monday, June 26, 2006

Stash Flash with a difference

Here's my stash:


Surprised? Fabric!! What's that doing in my collection? Be not anxious for my yarn stash. It is doing well, thanks for asking! In fact, it's growing faster than I can keep up - I'll address this matter eventually, there is no running away.

Regarding the fabric, I fancy garment design. Period. Obsession of the moment is knitting, sure, but fabric is where I learnt all my charting fundamentals. You really have not much use for knitting in the climates I've lived in for most of my life. And who can resist such vibrant cottons anyway, huh??

That was some eye candy. Now for some updates. Rose Twilight is nearly finished. For your reference:



The first Rose Twilight picture has many pieces one laid out on another. If you can figure out what the exact shapes are in that pic, you are genius!! One sleeve is completed as you can see in the other picture. The other one is underway. Looking at the top as it stands now, my only concern is a shabby neck edge. I gartered a few rows below and a few stitchs to either side of the neck but that's not helping much. Picot could be a solution and I'm betting the success of my top with it.

Okie. The yarn stash. New addition: I've ordered enough sock yarn to make 2 pairs. Also, a pair of US #1 circs so I can use Cat Bordhi's method of knitting 2 socks simultaneously on circs. That's going to be an adventure alright. One of the pairs will have a split toe. I tracked the parcel - it's on its way, scheduled to reach me on the 29th. That'll give me just enough time to complete my current predominant WIP, ends woven, label attached and all.

That reminds me of the labels that I have found a way of creating. Or atleast, the prototype turned out well and withstood a wash too. A separate how-to post on that will be published soon. Until then, cheers!

4 comments:

AuntieAnn said...

Oh, please tell me what pattern you are using for your split-toe socks -- I want to make a pair for my mom. and I have 2 patterns, but I have never made a sock with a heel yet in my life -- I think I'll make a "regular" pair first, actually I keep thinking I should make felted fuzzy feet first, where none of my mistakes will matter.

AuntieAnn said...

Never mind, I see in your links the Spun pattern -- looks great! I might give it a try. Also I saw on Knitty the "training sock" -- I might try that as my first sock with a heel.

AuntieAnn said...

Deepa, I love checking in to see what's new with your sidebar -- and your posts, but lately it's more your sidebar -- love the greek lettering! And your great links.

AuntieAnn said...

Deepa, I love checking in to see what's new with your sidebar -- and your posts, but lately it's more your sidebar -- love the greek lettering! And your great links.