Sunday, March 18, 2007

Lovuh

I've been busy and inspired. This baby is my best work yet. 'Lovuh' is a representational sculpture. What does it look like? Leave me a comment. I'll tell you what I had in mind when I designed it but I wouldn't want to bias you right away.





The function Lovuh serves is that of a GPS jacket - well, more of a pullover really. My GPS sits on my dash looking forlorn and quite.. err.. naked. I came up with this project to keep the fella covered when switched off.

The brown yarn was purchased but all other came from my stash. Whatever yarn could be felted, has been. Although the basic conical shape was designed to fit exact dimensions after felting, the rest was free form.

2 comments:

Liz said...

Ok, my guess is a volcano. Maybe a volcano on a cold or wet day, and that's why the majority of the eruption is brown instead of red, but at the edges of the flow I think that's often the color progression.

OR! Baby blanket being sucked into a molehill!

AuntieAnn said...

Wow, I'm puzzled. Volcano is a possibility, or else it's something organic. A liver, or a mushroom with a scallop-y top, or a drooping flower. OK, those are pathetic, sorry.