Sunday, January 21, 2007

Sleuth

Knitting on hold.. yet again! This time, for another stage production, a play in English presented by Naatak. Naatak is a non-profit theater organization in Bay Area which has been presenting plays successfully for the last 11 years. 'Sleuth' is an Indian adaptation of Anthony Shaffer's play by the same name. I worked back stage, as part of production crew, working on sets and special fx and helping with props.

My first experience with theater - to my delight - has been as exciting as I had anticipated. I got to paint 'flats' (wood panels) that are put up on stage as walls. I got to design faux marble finish for the floor. I got to use power tools - saws, staple guns, jig saw. The special fx were as fun to put together. This involves audio/visual input on the stage, on cue.

The audience response in the last 2 shows has been overwhelming. Final show plays today. Good Luck to us!!! :)

1 comment:

AuntieAnn said...

Break a leg!