Thursday, December 14, 2006

Ornament Factory


No, I didn't say it's gonna look pretty!! :) You'll find paper, felt, styrofoam, tinsel wire, balloons, mirrors, glue (but ofcourse!), string, scissors, jingle bells, multi-hued glitter and.. hold your breath... knitting!! :)

The mirror ornaments were the simplest to put together, the knit ones very unique and the origami, the most brilliant. (I'm modest, aren't I? Haha) Do not want to reveal too much as they are meant as a surprise for my nieces but once they're gifted, I do intend to put up all the information, I promise!

The knit ones, I can talk about - I have creative license coz this is a knit blog after all! So well, I made teeny sweaters and I made curly whirlies. Both look so very cute. I wish I had some knitting beads to include some sparkle. Planning on a pair of miniature socks as well.

The sweater patterns are available on the web. For the curly whirlies, I CO 25 stitches, knit into front, back and front again of each stitch for the next row. BO. That's it. You'll have the cutest little whirly curly ready for the tree.

No comments: