Friday, December 15, 2006

Goodies off the assembly line (with instructions)

OkaY! Can you believe it, I actually checked off quite a few trinkets off my list and here they are (proudly) on display. Clearing up my living room 'studio', I was suddenly struck by how much sq footage I really have!! :)

Here you'll find:
* a tinsel wire pompom - simple enough

* a knit curly whirly - read my previous post for a howto. Notice the jingle bell. This stretches out the CW nicely when hung, having it spin at the slightest breeze.

* a stocking as promised - some red and brown felt makes the base and curling ribbon gives it the added zing. For the knit piece, I used a stitch technique I found in the pattern for this adorable Woolie Ewe which in itself will make a lovely ornament. I knit a rectangle using the 'loop stitch' to give it the furry woolly look and the dimension. Tell me I'm brilliant!! ;)

* Check out the sweaters. Pattern here. To add to the look, I shaped a tinsel wire into a hanger each.



I am might proud of how these party shoes turned out. The basic pair of shoes is crafted using these origami instructions. I glued glitter, stuck them onto a felt cutout reinforced with card paper and shaped the red tinsel wire into an arch.



Here are some mirror trinkets and tinsel spirals. The wire is sandwiched between 2 mirrors using glue. The jingle bell gives each a finished look. To create those spirals, I wound the wire around cylindrical objects, slipped them out and stretched carefully just a wee bit.



How about some glittery spheres? This is just styrofoam to which glitter is glued. I diluted white glue with some water and brushed it on using a sponge brush.

To prep the styrofoam ball with string and bells, this is how I went about it: Tie a bell at the very middle of a length of string using knots. Once done, fold the string over and stick the open ends together to a toothpick. This you then use to pierce the sphere through until the toothpick emerges from the diametrically opposite point. I then knotted a couple of bells more before I tied the string ends to create a loop using which the ball can be hung.



These are 8 different ideas. I've been browsing for ideas and here are some more that can be employed:
Felted apple
Jingle Bell
Miniature Socks
Fair Isle Christmas Ball
Two Peas In a Pod

Happy Holidays!

1 comment:

Chandy said...

Dee, Thanks for the gorgeous ornaments. They will be loved and appreciated for years to come. Love, Sis