Saturday, March 04, 2006

Project Neck Pack


The quickest project ever! And a most useful one at that. I'm talking of an elegant super-customized hot pack for the neck/shoulder area, 100% organic, reusable and microwave-heated! I'm telling ya, it cannot get better than this.

I got this idea looking at 'organic' or 'home-made' heating pads. The 'home-made' aspect of it got me thinking. Very quickly, I found these instructions on how to make one myself:
http://ut.essortment.com/painreliefmicr_rgvi.htm


Here's the one I made this morning. Filled it with a mix of grains but mostly rice. Cut the fabric on the bias to make it easier around the neck. Works very nicely. 30 seconds in the microwave and it's toasty and steaming!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting. Did you fill it with rice?

Deepa said...

I filled it with toor dal and rice. The toor gives out a roasted smell when the pack is heated but the rice is relatively odourless.