Saturday, March 18, 2006

My most ambitious project yet - a vest


It's a vest. And it's in progress. I've completed the bulk of the knitting and now I'm working on the shoulder/neck region. Check out this picture where I'm sitting on my fave chair in PJs diligently knitting away - yup, continental style.

Have I written about how much of a champion I am for this style of knitting - the continental? Perhaps I'll get to that when there's not much knitting action going on ;).

The colour combination would've worked better with a deeper shade of cream, or maybe beige/suede. Unfortunately, I was not able to find the particular shade in that yarn weight and had to settle for this rather humdrum off-white (which in itself is gorgeous but doesn't quite create the drama when juxtaposed with the denim yarn).

Slightly concerned if I've been overzealous in creating the right size for this vest. I'm excited to see how it'll drape on the recipient once finished.

Why a vest and not a sweater? That's simple - I'm not yet emotionally ready for knitting sleeves. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it is looking goooood, dee! anook saw your blog today and missed seeing a pic of bappi - nee