Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Lime and Denim Swatches

Aren't these pretty? The colours grew on me once I brought home the yarn.

Lime: this one on the left is 73% cotton and 27% polyester. It has one strand of shiny yarn which makes it shimmery without going over the top.

The Lime swatch was made with two different needle sizes. At the bottom half (upto where the rib ends), I used US #5. The knit was too loose and I didn't quite like the look. So I changed needles to US #3. This one clicked (no pun intended ;). I also tried a funky pattern while binding off.
At the end of all that experimenting, I have landed with what looks like a tiny tiny pattern sample for a simple square-neck pullover.

Denim: Here's the Denim swatch to your right. The yarn is very fine but works good with US#5. It is a slippery yarn but I've seen that keeping the yarn slightly damp makes it easier to knit as it provides some much-needed friction while controlling the feed. It's made of 75% viscose, 25% polyamide.
I've planned this V neck pattern:
http://knitty.com/ISSUEfall04/PATTpetrol.html

Next step ofcourse is to modify the pattern to suit my tighter gauge. Me pretty excited.
:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

looks very different from the regular stuff that you typically see...