Sunday, February 05, 2006

Tutorials and Tools

Thanks to my beginner's enthusiasm, I had purchased a couple of books - 'Chick Knits' by Julia Cooper and 'Knitting School - a complete course. Very quickly I discovered Amy Finlay's instructional videos on www.knittinghelp.com. Since then, the books have been pretty much untouched! Goes without saying that all videos are great - but I especially dug the ones on 'tips and tricks' and 'fixing mistakes'.

Two words on Chick Knits - most unchallenging. Perhaps it's a good starter for someone who wants to overcome the fears of knitting and wants to begin with really - and I mean really - simple patterns.

Besides the books, I'd purchased a beginner's kit containing an instructional leaflet, 2 pairs of straight needles and useful notions like stitch markers, gauge ruler, stitch holders, cable stitch holder and a row counter. Apart from the row counter, I'm very fond of the everything else that came in the set! During this shopping binge, I picked up a crochet hook, the use for which I realised later when I found my stitches slipping off double-pointed needles and unravelling - thank God for impulse buys. :)

And how can I not mention my precious boye needlemaster set of needles and paraphernelia?!! I just love the set. Love it love it love it!!

No comments: