Saturday, February 18, 2006

A trot to a yarn expo and $200 later..

.. what would one expect but cart-loads of material! You name it, I got it. Yarn (but ofcourse), books (1000 sweaters by Griffiths and The Advanced Knitting Architect), and a mag subscription (Interweave Knits). Oh, I forgot to mention another set of DPNs.

The picture on the left has my green yarn looking yellow thanks to the flash. So that's why another one without flash - just so the hue is captured.

I mostly stayed away from funky equipment (no budget) but I was quite taken in by the knitting-pattern software. There was one for motifs, another for sweaters, a third for socks and so forth. Not compatible with Unix/Linux sadly. For motifs I plan on using Gimp but that's some way off.

Itching to swatch all the yarns. Got a few patterns in mind too!
 Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would be curious to see the final product...

Whats up with all that green??

Deepa said...

So you caught the drift with the colour!! haha. There is probably going to be another walk across the street to balance that - with more yarn ofcourse!