Monday, February 20, 2006

A-line frock

Just completed this one and I'm mighty proud. I drafted the pattern myself from scratch. This is my third in the 'flora and fauna' fashion series! The placket for buttons (at the back of the dress) is much more cleaner than in my previous endeavours. I was also better this time with the piping at the neck. The V at the yoke was a bit tricky but it turned out not bad for a first attempt.

The Gurus speaketh: 'every mistake is a design opportunity'. So it was when an erroneous fabric cut gave me the idea of a box pleat of flowers peeping from among the fishies.

Pattern-making with fabrics share the very same fundamentals as that with knitting but fabric is much more unforgiving with mistakes. That's coz there is no intrinsic stretch in the material! But look at it this way: the learning is that much faster with fabric!! :)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is really an excellent piece of work! Kudos!