Monday, June 01, 2009

Seagull


The seagull is my latest 'study'. Here's what led to my dusting off my sketch book and my precious set of prisma color pencils, only to obsess over seagulls:
A fabulous muscle spasm rendered my back quite quite useless in the last couple of days for my favorite activity (no prizes for guessing what). So the 'Topaz' I'm making as a gift (Knitty Spring 2009) had to be temporarily abandoned.

In the meanwhile, I DVR'd a gazillion art shows on PBS. With all that inspiration and no knitting in hand, I had to do something. So, the seagulls.






By the way, some tidbits of my Topaz. I've substituted the fair isle with a mosaic pattern (Barbara Walker). IMHO, mosaic is well suited for kid clothes as it lends an informal touch as opposed to the traditional look of fair isle. The other bit I'm excited about is the really unusual color-combination I've picked - a matte coral contrasted with an 'almond' shade. The hope ofcourse is that this one year old will make a fashion statement with this dress. Will post pics when ready.

Back to Prisma - have I told you how much I love them? I call this sketch 'pear hug'. This is an early creation.















That's my sewing machine resting under my quilt. And ofcourse I call this 'so cozy'. :)

No comments: