Monday, June 01, 2009

Practical lace

My Glasgow Lace creation (IK Fall 2006) makes for a dramatic addition to my spring wardrobe. I happened to have a green in my stash that matched that in the pattern, and the weight of the yarn worked perfectly for the project too. I rarely knit anything in the suggested color of the pattern but with this, I'm glad I used green.

Mods: I made it more snug than recommended. The sleeves are a complete re-do: larger armholes and slower (and more number of ) decreases to create sleeve cap.

I call it my practical lace project as I'm not one to wear shawls, scarves, capelets or even hand-knit socks, however much I adore the look. A top such as this is the most practical application of lace for my use.

1 comment:

AuntieAnn said...

What a pretty sweater! I just finished a rectangular lace shawl, and I have no idea where I'll wear it, but it was a lot of fun to knit. And sometimes that's enough, but I like your idea of 'practical lace'.