Friday, September 28, 2007

For Palak



That's Coronet. The pattern did not have instructions for a 7 year old's size. I applied the general guideline I found in the Harlot's 'Knitting Rules!'. Now, she specifies certain inches for a 'child' and certain other for a 'young adult', without defining either term. I infact went for the latter and perhaps have made the cap tad too big for Palak. I'm hoping her birthday gift doesn't disappoint.

Psst: the book is a good read. The humor had me chuckling. She has these general size charts, which seem to have been processed by decades of knitting. These I'd say, are comforting to carry with you, for quick spot checks on your knitting, especially when you're making something for a gift.

1 comment:

AuntieAnn said...

Wow, that's a lovely cap! Great knitting as usual, Deepa.