Wednesday, September 19, 2007

For Misha

Misha is turning 3 this weekend. Little girl loves pink I hear. This is her birthday gift from me: the softest pinkest bolero on the face of this earth!




This one's an original too. My pattern came about thus: I see a fluffy cardi in one of many knitting books I've borrowed from the library, which leaves me with an idea. A week later, I hear about Misha's birthday. So I go to Michaels and get the fluffiest yarn (2 stitches to an inch) in the pinkest shade available. Cardinal rule: design machine washable garments for kids, for the Moms' sake. I then park at the closest Walmart and measure (with my office badge), the shoulder width and armhole depth for something that would fit her. The actual design and development was the breezy part. The bolero length just seemed right.

3 comments:

AuntieAnn said...

Very clever! I like the bit about running into WalMart and measuring an appropriate-sized garment with your office badge -- pretty crafty!

Did you see that Liz finished the socks from the yarn and pattern you helped her out with at Stitches West?

Are you going to TNNA in Oakland?

Liz said...

Omg, that is so cute! I'm sure she'll love it.

And yes, I did finish those socks! Thanks for the Louet Gems, I think you have started me on a life-long love affair. In my last yarn store trip I picked up some Gems sportweight and a handdyed sock yarn that uses Louet as a base.

MrsFife said...

Very cute! Must have got it inside one skein, too!