Friday, July 14, 2006

waist shaping without shaping waist

A clever way of achieving a contoured waist without using decreases and increases is to have a few columns of rib on the sides. It doesn't show conspicuously from the front and yet, the top looks shapely and un-boxy. Take a look:



The waist of the top was more prominent this morning - this top has taken the wear of a day at work. And it's 100% cotton which explains the stretching.

This is the Rose Twilight - finished, ready to wear and lovely to wear! YAYYYY!!! My first ever knit thingie that I made for myself. This is just so precious!! Have I told you yet how much I love knitting?

I'll post the project details in another post. What I'm most proud about though is the reinforcing of the neck with 2 rows of crochet. No picot, just plain ole crochet. Love how it added to the look.

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

That looks great! I love the idea about using ribbing at the side fo shaping the waist. I'm wanting to make a short sleeve top. And yours has given me some inspiration!

Unknown said...

wow..u maid this..this is really stupendous,great,fantastic