Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Something about engineers and changing light bulbs

This is my attempt to answer the perennial question: how many engineers.. (aah, you know the rest). A recent incident shed some light on the answer - if you know what I mean ;). Well anyway, the rear right stop light of my car hadn't been glowing for quite a while now. Equipped with screw drivers and the user manual, and an inordinate amount of determination to complete the pesky task, I headed to my parking lot to figure out what the (beep) was wrong with (beep) bulb!

After some fumbling in the boot (aargh - get those images out of your head), I discovered that the bulb had twisted itself out of its socket and had dropped into the casing!! The silliness of it! This is what I call a twist to the story. Get it?? Never mind!!

I now have a clue to the answer to *the* question. My best bet is: one grrrl engineer with long fingers - to reach into the casing and fish out the misbehaving bulb! :D

No comments: