Saturday, April 22, 2006

Hot Stuff! (c)


A stamp in the hand - and an ink pad, and some stamp cleaner. Well, that's what I've returned with from the Stamping expo at San Jose convention center today.

Check this out - I found an ink that can be used on fabric. I have some plans for this. Plans are highly confidential. They will be revealed once lab tests have cleared.

The demos were pretty neat. What was a knitster doing at a stamping fair one might ask. Well, I was there looking for knitster stamps - duh!! And maybe some nice buttons. A few demos on polymer clay buttons would've been a bonus too. But bonuses are scarce these days anywhere you look. Sadly though, I didn't even find any knit-related stamp art.

Techniques I learnt:
a. how to use masking tape to create fx
b. how to use different kinds of brushes to create backgrounds
c. how to use shrink plastic to make teeny stamped/coloured tiles and pinwheels
d. how to use embossing agents
e. how to emboss paper itself using stencils
f. how to use diamond glaze to create fx
g. how to use water colour pencils (well, I come from a background of using watercolour bricks!)

Products I saw and thought hmmmm.. (apart from the ones listed in the techniques above)
a. templates to create different paper-folded art and even chinese takeout boxes
b. tile masks (for want of a better word) to mask out different regions

I have no clue what to do with so much information!! I am not so much into paper for the sake of paper - I am a tree hugger. Good news: I am into yarn for the sake of yarn!!! And that affirmation makes me secretly smile!

No comments: