Saturday, January 17, 2009

Gallery of Finished Objects













A hanging lantern I made from some craft supplies, scrap yarn, and a light kit from home depot. Oh, I've got to mention - the construction would've been impossible without the glue gun!!
The lantern - which is a symbol of Diwali - was a gift for my nieces on the occassion.

















A small collage I made with glossy magazine print and some rubber stamping. This one was a gift for my Mum.















A cardi with basic pattern picked up from 'Knit 2 Together'. I used cotton fabric to create panels down the front and a yoke. This one's a favorite in my wardrobe as it snuggly, and easy to care for. The woven-knit fabric combination stands it apart.













I have found I gravitate naturally to Norah Gaughan's creations. This was a summer pattern, intended for cotton yarn and was published in a summer issue of IK. I used the brightest, warmest peruvian wool to knit it up. Never fails to get me compliments from folks around me when I layer it over a long-sleeved tee.












A crib-sized quilt - my first one ever and therefore, a very special product.

1 comment:

Bhavna said...

Very beautiful and very original. You are extremely talented.